The Four Food Chiefs; Bear, Salmon, Bitterroot and Saskatoon berry, represent the key elements of Indigenous Cuisine. Experience the art of food and wine pairing with Nk’Mip Cellars award-winning wine and specially prepared Four Food Chief inspired food pairings in our private Qwam Qwmt Tasting Gallery.
Tastings are on Saturdays & Sundays at Noon or 2 p.m. all of January and February. Reservations Required.
Warm up your winter with this nostalgic look back at some favourite recipes from the 1970s. We’ll showcase how our great wines of today, pair beautifully with comfort foods of the past.
Tastings are at Noon:
- Sat Jan 12 and Sun Jan 13
- Sat Jan 19th & Sun Jan 20th
- Jackson-Triggs Entourage – paired with an open-faced chicken à la king
Inniskillin ‘Reserve’ Fume Blanc – with a Manhattan fish chowder, asparagus & chèvre crostini
- Jackson-Triggs ‘Grand Reserve’ Gewurztraminer – with Mom’s Sunday Night honey ham & caramelized pineapple
- Dark Horse Vineyard Cabernet Franc – paired with Nona’s meatballs, in a smoked velvet pomodoro
- Sunrock Illumina – with open faced beef dip on mini ciabatta & au jus
- Jackson-Triggs ‘Reserve’ Riesling Icewine – with angel food cake with ginger caramelized apples, orange zest & icewine infused whipped cream