It’s that time of the year when Osoyoos residents can get in some spring cleaning and haul a couple of old or broken household items to the curb.
The Town of Osoyoos is holding its annual large item recycle event, picking up over-size items on Tuesday, April 17.
Here are the specifics from the Town of Osoyoos website.
A maximum of two (2) items per household:
- Common household items include furniture, large appliances and mattresses.
- MAX WEIGHT: 90 kg / 200 lbs per item.
- NO electronics (TVs, computers, etc) will be collected. Instead, return these items to the Osoyoos Bottle Depot. (8305-72 Ave)
- NO renovation waste – including toilets, bathtubs, plumbing, carpet*
- NO appliances with FREON – fridges, air conditioners or freezers*
- NO gas powered motors – lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc.*
- Place your items out by 7 a.m. on Tuesday, April 17
- Pick up may occur over a span of a couple of days, depending on volume.
*Residents may take these items to the Osoyoos Landfill. Fees apply.
More information can be found on the Town’s Curbside Garbage and Recycling calendar or by calling the service provider, Waste Connections of Canada Inc. at 250-498-4888.