Fire claims home on vineyard property
adjacent to Elks Hall

An Osoyoos family is looking for a new place to to call home this afternoon after the house they were renting was consumed by flames this morning.

The Osoyoos Fire department, local RCMP and a BC ambulance crew all responded to the blaze on the northwest corner of 92 Ave. and 87 St. around 11:30 a.m., arriving to find the two-storey home engulfed in flames.

The initial report, said Sgt. Jason Bayda, was that one of the occupants of the home inadvertently started the fire in a bedroom when a cigarette lighter was tossed on to a bed.

There were no reports of injuries. The two school-aged children were believed to be in class at the time of the fire.

Heavy equipment was brought to the property around 2:30 p.m. to knock down the old home, which continued to burn on the inside away from fire hoses.

1 COMMENT

  1. This is so awful ecspecially so close to christmas. If anyone living or involved in this fire and sees this could you please email me back, id like to know if i can help out in any way furniture, presents, food ect im young so i dont have much but anything i can give id certaintly like to! Thank you hope to hear from someone!

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.