Fire closes doors at popular new Osoyoos bistro

An early-morning fire has closed the doors at a popular new bistro in East Osoyoos less than two months after it first opened.

Osoyoos firefighters responded to a call at C’est Bon Bistro just before 5 a.m. this morning after smoke was reported coming from the premises.

06_06_16_cestbon_fire (2 of 2)The bistro is located in a standalone building at Cottonwood Plaza on Main Street. No other businesses or residences were impacted.

Town of Osoyoos Fire Chief Rick Jones said it appeared the fire started in the restaurant area of the business.

“It appears that it was in the front counter in the restaurant, not in the kitchen,” Chief Jones said.

He added fire investigators were summoned to assist the department with its investigation.

06_06_16_cestbon_fire (1 of 2)Although there is extensive smoke and water damage, actual fire damage is limited. Several windows were destroyed by the heat.

About 25 volunteer firefighters responded to the blaze, which was quickly extinguished.

“We started at just before five and the guys were there approximately for about two hours,” he noted.

The owner of the business was not available for comment.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.