If you’ve got business to do, it’s your best bet to get it done today or tomorrow.
As of Sunday, many community services are closed — some right through the New Year.
The Town of Osoyoos’ main office, for example, will be closed from 4:30 p.m. today and won’t reopen until Jan. 2. The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is on a similar schedule.
Many other businesses and services are affected with Christmas Day falling on the Monday.
- Banks and other financial institutions will be closed December 25-27 and January 1. The Osoyoos Credit Union and Interior Savings Credit Union will also be closed Dec. 23 and Dec. 30.
- Canada Post will not provide for delivery or counter services Dec. 25 or Dec. 26. However, the Osoyoos branch will be open Dec. 23 between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. to provide for package pickup.
- The Sonora Community Centre will be open for recreational activities Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 27, 28 and 29 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Dec. 30. The Administration Office will be closed until Jan. 2.
- The Sun Bowl Arena will be open from 7 a.m. 3:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve and will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Christmas and Boxing and New Year’s Day. Please call 250-495-6562 for information on public skating schedules.
- Garbage pickup and recycling will remain on its regular schedule this week, with a Tuesday collection in Osoyoos. The Osoyoos & District Sanitary Landfill will also be open Boxing Day between 8 and 4 p.m.
- Finally, if you want to get a quick start on getting rid of your live tree, you can drop it off at two locations in town — adjacent to the washroom at Kinsmen Park or at the northwest corner of of the Sun Bowl parking lot. Trees will be collected until Jan. 8.