Town of Osoyoos Council will meet on a rare Tuesday Sept. 6, with their regular meeting date falling on the Labour Day holiday Monday.
A Committee of the Whole meeting is scheduled for 9 a.m. The Regular Council meeting is set for 2 p.m.
Among the agenda items:
- Council will give a second look at a community proposal to host a Giving Cupboard — a small space where personal and hygiene items can be exchanged;
- Boundary-Similkameen MLA Linda Larson is scheduled to meet with Council in advance of the upcoming Union of British Columbia Municipalities gathering later this month;
- Council will be asked to review some recreational fees associated with the Sonora Centre and Desert Park;
- Council will be asked to give third reading to a zoning amendment for a property in the northeast corner of the community that will change the focus of intended development from high density to low density housing;
- Final approval is expected for a housing development on the former Richter property;
- Town administration is looking for a Severe Weather Event Policy for the Osoyoos Landfill.
Members of the general public are invited to attend the Council meetings. The sessions are also available for viewing at www.osoyoos.ca.