Town of Osoyoos boat trailer parking, located at 6901 Main Street, is now open through October 15.
The fenced area will be locked between the hours of 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. each day.
New permitting rules are now in effect for use of the boat trailer parking facility as follows:
- Hotels/motels have a supply of permits to issue to their guests
- Campsites have permits for their guests for a maximum of 14 days
- Campsite guests requiring more than 14 days may purchase a permit for an additional week at the Town office for cost of $15+tax.
- Non-resident condominium owners can obtain permits for maximum of 14 days at the Town office for cost of $15+tax per week.
- Residents are not permitted to park in the boat trailer parking lot.
- Long term parking must be sought elsewhere (storage facilities).
- A 72 hour grace period is permitted for parking without a permit to allow for day use and weekend guests when Town office is not open to purchase permits.
- All trailers are required to be properly licensed, failure to do so will result in the trailer being towed at the owner’s expense.
- The boat trailer parking lot is regularly monitored by Bylaw Enforcement.
- The boat trailer parking lot is closed for the season after October 15.
A portion of the 2% hotel tax that is charged to guests staying at hotels/motels pays for the lease of the boat trailer parking lot. The reason for the time limitations for parking in the lot is to allow for regular maintenance of the lot and prevent overcrowding.
Recreational Vehicle/Boat Trailer Day Use Parking is also available at 7808 Spartan Drive. No permit is required for day use parking only.
The lot is available for properly licensed (with license plates attached) boat Trailers, RV trailers and motorhomes. Utility trailers are not allowed.
No camping is allowed.