Good morning, Osoyoos, It’s Wednesday, February 3, 2016. Here’s what you need to know as you get your day started.
- We may see a little snow this afternoon as temperatures remain below 0. Get through Hump Day, though, and things are looking up for the rest of the week and weekend.
- Your municipal utility fees might be on the increase in 2016. If Council gives final adoption to the hike February 15, increases for water, sewer and garbage collection will cost you an extra $2.50 a month.
- Go back to your lives, Citizens. Yeah, we had a little excitement on Main Street yesterday morning, but it turned out to be nothing.
- Provincial New Democrats took both ridings up for grabs in Lower Mainland byelections last night
- So now they’re telling us we can contract the Zika virus if we sleep with someone who got it while he or she was overseas. Should we as Canadians be worried now?
- Canada’s Auditor general says stolen vehicles and drugs are slipping past Canada’s border guards. Drugs we can understand, but stolen vehicles?
- Has anyone else noticed that if the NHL playoffs were to start today NO Canadian teams would be participating? That hasn’t happened since 1969-70. Thank heavens we have the Coyotes.
- And finally, Kate Winslet says, yes, there was space for Leonardo on that piece of floating debris in the frigid Atlantic waters after the Titanic went down. Kind of reminds us there’s room for all South Okanagan-Similkameen schools as the local school board considers giving one of them the old heave-ho.