Rise and shine, Osoyoos, it’s Monday, March 7. Here’s what you need to know as your day gets underway.
- Osoyoos weather: Rain — and a chance of snow — this morning and more rain this afternoon as the day warms. Looking at a high of 6 this afternoon.
- Our Coyotes look to square their Okanagan Division final series with Summerland this evening after the Steam scored a surprising 5-0 win Saturday evening. Game time at the Sun Bowl is 7:35.
- According to the BC government, any time is a good time “to have a cocktail in your room.” Seriously.
- A Buddhist monk in Burnaby is learning karma sometimes comes calling in the form of a building inspector.
- Is a serial arsonist at work in Ontario’s farm country? Some ranchers say yes and they’re worried.
- Americans find another reason to move to Canada to escape Donald Trump. His name is Justin Trudeau.
- Nancy Reagan, wife of 40th U.S. president Ronald Reagan, and the First Lady who taught an entire generation to “just say no” passed away Sunday at the age of 94.
- After leading the Denver Broncos to victory in Super Bowl L, Peyton Manning is hanging up the cleats.
- Not the way I’d want to go: a woman starved to death after being trapped in an elevator for a month. The stairs really are better for your health.