Good morning, Osoyoos, it’s Thursday, March 3. Here’s what you need to know as your day gets going.
- Osoyoos weather:Five already this morning on our way to a high of 9 this afternoon. Mainly sunny through most of the day with cloud cover beginning to appear this evening.
- The four-day school week appears to be an alternative to closing Osoyoos Secondary School, but who has the plan and who is listening?
- If you like to sit down to a good story, you’ll want to be at the Osoyoos Public Library Friday at 2 p.m. as local authors share some of their writing.
- Something else for which you’ll soon be paying: ICBC’s ‘high-handed’ effort to save a few dollars ends up in $400,000 judgement against the provincial insurer.
- The historic Paramount Theatre in Kelowna will soon offer its last picture show.
- Aboriginal people want a seat at the table as Canada’s leaders consider climate change policy.
- Remember that Malaysia Airlines aircraft that went missing about two years ago? A part of it might have washed up in Mozambique.
- This work-cation was out of this world — literally. Astronaut Scott Kelly is back on Earth after 340 days in space.
- How fast can you go on an electric skateboard? Apparently 100 km an hour.