Good morning, Osoyoos, it’s Tuesday, March 1. Here’s what you need to know as your day gets going.
- Osoyoos weather: A bit wet today and cooler. We can expect showers throughout this first day of March. Expected high is 7 later thsi afternoon. Showers will continue into the night.
- Our second installment of The Osoyoos School Closing Process takes a look at administrative spending and cuts made by the Okanagan Similkameen School District over the last five years.
- OSS Rattlers earned themselves a berth in the provincial A Boys basketball championships — and they beat some pretty good teams to do it.
- Remember the days when you could fall asleep in the back window of your parents’ Ford Fairlane, sans seatbelt, and nobody would bother you? Take a ride down memory lane with this video from 1966.
- Here’s something you don’t see every day: a mining company that actually agrees with a $3.4-million fine leveled against it for discharging toxins into a B.C. river.
- How the Ontario budget is using politically popular tax credits to take from the rich (and middle class) and give to the poor.
- It’s Super Tuesday. If the three-ringed circus that is U.S. politics can get any crazier, it will be today. Enjoy it from the other side of the wall, Canada.
- First, it was the supermarket. Then Walmart. Now your local butcher is facing a threat from a new source. Would you buy meat from a robot?
- And finally, in case you missed it, nine-year-old Vancouver actor Jacob Trembley made the most of his Oscar visit Sunday evening — even if his parents had to escort him.