There’s plenty to see, do and hear in Osoyoos this weekend — the first in a spring that has finally turned the corner on a frigid February.
Here’s a sampling:
A BIT OF CULTURE
- The Art Gallery Osoyoos is featuring ʻOn The Wallʼ, Federation of Canadian Artists Art Show and Sale. This show features the artists of the South Okanagan-Similkameen. The gallery, located at 8713 Main Street, is open 9 to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Friday, the Osoyoos & District Museum and Archives — located at 19 Park Place — is offering free admission to one of the best small-town collections in British Columbia. Exhibits range from natural history to First Nations to Okanagan pioneer life. The museum is open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, the Osoyoos Desert Society is presenting Movie and An Expert: Amphibians at the Watermark Beach Resort. Explore the weird and wonderful world of frogs in the David Attenborough documentary Fabulous Frogs. The film sheds light on these charismatic, colourful and frequently bizarre little animals. After the screening, learn more about frogs and other amphibians with conservation researcher Stephanie Winton. Admission by donation. The film begins at 2 p.m.
MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC
- At the Golden Chopsticks (8527 Main St.) Saturday evening, Shameless Covers will be performing 1960s and 70s pop, rock and country music between 5 and 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Osoyoos Music and JoJo’s Cafe is bringing Aaron Halliday to the cafe for an evening of original acoustic country music. Tickets for the 7 p.m. event are $20 and available at Jojo’s.
AND EVEN MORE FUN
- The Sage Pub (6403 Cottonwood Drive) is hosting a Grand Reopening Party that begins Friday evening and runs through Sunday — with a few breaks for clean-up and staff rest. A live band Saturday evening and DJs all weekend long.
- Baldy Mountain Resort (2680 Mount Baldy Rd.) is mixing Okanagan craft beers and hilarious comedians Saturday for the first annual Baldy Brew Haha Comedy and Craft Beer Festival. Featured comedian is Tim Nutt. The event runs from 6:45 to 9 p.m.
- Professional Wrestling: Brawl at the Legion Hall — Professional wrestling for one night only in Osoyoos. All proceeds donated to the Brain Injury Society. Tickets ($10) available at Home Hardware, Unity Osoyoos and Mills Office Pro. Doors open at 7 p.m. Wresting at 7:30.
- Both Sonora Dunes and the Osoyoos Golf Club are open to play with limited cart access. Enjoy the warm weather this weekend and get out for a round.