Good morning, Osoyoos, it’s Friday, February 12, 2016. Here’s what you need to know to get your day going.
- A little light rain this morning — cool, cool, February rain. We’ll get to a high of about 3 this afternoon. Probably going to be a nice day to cuddle.
- Speaking of cuddling, fellas, just two more shopping days until Valentine’s Day. You know how us guys like to leave things until the last moment, but today might be the day to get downtown and pick up something nice for your special someone.
- We know all dogs go to heaven, now the RDOS has a plan to make them equal here on Earth as well.
- Hey, there’s a big hockey game in town tonight — a match featuring division leaders. Our Coyotes host the Beaver Valley Nitehawks. The last time these two teams played, the Hawks squeaked out a 5-4 overtime win in Fruitvale. Game time is 7:30 p.m.
- Finally a productive use of drone technology: a Duncan, B.C. man sets a flightpath to find his stolen motorbike.
- What do you give to a music superstar who has everything? The key to the city at the centre of the universe, of course.
- Speaking of Toronto, things are looking good for their basketball Raptors. The Team leads the National Basketball League’s Eastern Division, it plays host this weekend to the NBA All-Star game and, oh yeah, the Raptors are the city’s best hockey team.
- More than 100 years after it went down, the Titanic will sail again — this time in a replica built by an Australian billionaire.
- The stock market might be crashing, but there’s at least one line of products that appears to be a good investment. Here’s the bzzzzzz.
- And finally, the biggest news saved for last: Mars Inc. has announced it is removing artificial colors from M&Ms, Skittles, Starburst and more.
Have a sweet weekend, Osoyoos. We’ll see you on Monday.