Good morning, Osoyoos, it’s Thursday, February 25. Here’s what you need to know as your day gets going.
- Osoyoos weather: Around 0 this morning, but warming nicely to a high of 9 this afternoon under mainly sunny skies. A mix of sun and clouds later in the day.
- Well, two down and two to go. But it wasn’t easy for the Osoyoos Coyotes last night. They ran into a hot goaltender.
- NDP Education critic Rob Fleming says he’ll be having his say at a March 8 consultation meeting the SD53 board has organized as it ponders closing an Osoyoos school.
- Despite a federal court decision handed down yesterday that upholds the right for some users to grow your own medical marijuana, new patients who want to grow their own will be violating the law.
- Unfortunately, many easterners last night were left to freeze in the dark as a major storm ripped through the region.
- No, it’s not all right to be flatulent, foul-mouthed and barefoot at the office, the federal public service board rules.
- The European parliament is calling for a Saudi arms embargo.
- Is talcum powder safe? A court says no, ordering Johnson and Johnson to pay $72 million in a Missouri cancer death.
- A hip-hop trio claims Bruno mars stole Uptown Funk, the chart-topping Grammy award winner from them.