April is just round the corner and March has come and gone like the proverbial lion and lamb. The evenings are warm and the days are sunny — a great excuse to enjoy all Osoyoos has to offer this weekend..
Here’s a sampling:
A BIT OF CULTURE
- The Art Gallery Osoyoos is featuring ʻOn The Wallʼ, Federation of Canadian Artists Art Show and Sale. This show features the artists of the South Okanagan-Similkameen. The gallery, located at 8713 Main Street, is open 9 to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Friday, the Osoyoos & District Museum and Archives — located at 19 Park Place — is offering free admission to one of the best small-town collections in British Columbia. Exhibits range from natural history to First Nations to Okanagan pioneer life. The museum is open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, Silver Sage Winery is hosting Picture With Your Pet Day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Bring along your favourite furry friend to enjoy the winery’s renowned hospitality. Free barbecue, wine refreshments, and dessert offered. Donations benefit the Penticton SPCA.
MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC
- At the Frank Venables Theatre (6100 Gala St Oliver BC) Friday evening starting at 7:30 p.m. Ô-Celli an eight cello musical project shares the extraordinary richness of their instrument. Preforming worldwide their talent is bound to take your breath away.
AND EVEN MORE FUN
- The Osoyoos Firehall (9901 78 Ave) is hosting an ALERT (Animal Lifeline Emergency Response Team) Emergency Pet Services 101 training course. Respond in times of disaster and emergencies when animals and livestock are in need of rescuing and sheltering. Course runs from 9 a.m. — 4:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- The Sage Pub (6403 Cottonwood Dr.) — Saturday offers a Burger N’ Beer Fundraiser to benefit the Desert Valley Hospice Society. $20 for for a burger platter and a beverage. 50/50 ticket draw and “Go Green” raffles. 5 p.m. — 8 p.m.
- Legion Spring Fling (8310 78 Ave)— Saturday Come out and enjoy an evening of dancing with reasonable prices and lots of giggles! Mikie and Ken will keep you moving and shaking all night. They crank out all the tunes From classic rock to pop new country and old country. 8:00 p.m. — 11:00 p.m.
- Both Saturday and Sunday at Jackson-Triggs & Inniskillin will take you on a delicious journey of perfectly paired wines with creative takes on brunch favourites. 11:30 a.m.— 8:00 p.m.