Good morning, Osoyoos, welcome to a shortened work week. It’s Tuesday, February 9, 2016; here’s what you need to know as your day gets started.
- A sunny day expected with a high of 6 this afternoon and maybe a little cloud overnight. Still very humid, though, which will make the day feel a little cooler.
- The big meeting is tonight. The Okanagan-Similkameen School District board will be in town to consult with Osoyoos residents about the potential closing of either Osoyoos Secondary or Osoyoos Elementary. The board has scheduled three meetings for today — with faculty and staff, with Town of Osoyoos Council and with Osoyoos residents. The public meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Osoyoos Secondary. Here’s a look at how the Board plans to make its case.
- More bad news for the Okanagan? A BMO study suggests the worst city in Canada in which to find a job is Kelowna.
- A rail crash in Germany involving two commuter trains has killed at least nine people.
- It’s sad they have to do so, but Arctic communities are dealing with climate change — turning challenges into opportunities.
- The World’s loss: the man who has more patents than Edison has died. Chances are, you’ve used at least one thing he invented.
- Researchers at UCLA say they have figured out why we sigh. Now if only we understood the hiccup.