Highlights from the Town of Osoyoos Council meeting held Monday, January 18, as provided by the Town of Osoyoos.
- Okanagan Nation Alliance – Richard Bussanich and Collette Louie from Okanagan Nation Alliance made a presentation to Council on the 2016 Fisheries Activities.
- Osoyoos RCMP – Sgt. Randy Bosch from the Osoyoos RCMP Detachment updated Council on the RCMP’s Quarterly Stats.
- Victim Services Program – Council approved the 2016-2017 Victim Services Program Funding Application for a 16 month term.
- Resort Municipality Strategy – Council approved the 2015-2017 Resort Municipality Strategy.
- School District 53 Board Meeting – Mayor McKortoff gave an update on the School District Meeting held on January 13, 2016 regarding the possible school closure.
- Council wished everyone a Happy New Year.
- Council reminded everyone of the Special Open Public Budget Meeting that was held on January 18, 2016 at 7:00pm in Council Chambers.
- Encouraged people to attend the South Okanagan Amateur Players presentation of “Noises Off” which will be held from Thursday, January 21 to Saturday, January 23 at the Frank Venables Auditorium in Oliver. Tickets are available at Your Dollar Store.
- Council encouraged everyone to research and stay informed about the possible school closures.