Rise and shine, Osoyoos, It’s Friday, February 19. Here’s what you need to know as you start your day.
- A little more of the wet stuff today, with a high of about 4 this afternoon. More showers overnight. Then we’re into the weekend and more unsettled weather. Next week, though, sure is looking nice right now.
- Osoyoos parents make it clear a four-day school week is fine by them if that is what it takes to keep Osoyoos Secondary School open.
- On nature’s death row: here’s how some endangered animals are faring in the South Okanagan.
- Rent hikes and stagnant pensions are causing grief for B.C. seniors who don’t own their own homes.
- Your nation needs you, soldier. The Canadian Armed Forces have a slick new advertising campaign to get you to attention.
- The U.S. has taken its fight against Islamic extremists to Libya.
- Has the Donald finally met his political match in Pope Francis? And just who does have the “biggest wall?”
- Proof that every baby is cute. Take a look at this Indian Rhino.
See you on Monday, Osoyoos. Have a great weekend. And don’t forget tomorrow evening’s your last chance to catch the Osoyoos Coyotes at home — at least for the regular season.