The National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) Canada Campus is now open to enroll in English to be taught in the fall.
The lab issued the invitation and announced that the project would last six weeks, October 18 to November 26, 2021. Due to the Govt-10 epidemic, all classes will be held online in the afternoon. Two days a week, lessons are live, so students need to connect with their teacher.
According to UNAM Canada, students will develop four skills throughout the course: speaking, writing, listening and reading. They will improve their fluency in expressing themselves in English and expand their vocabulary.
To join the program entitled “English for Intercultural Communication in the Canadian Context”, those interested must obtain accreditation B1 status in the Common European Structure for Languages (CEFR). In addition, they must pass the oral exam. We tell you all the details.
General contents of the lesson
In addition to learning the language, students will have the opportunity to learn about the Canadian social and cultural context. For this reason, common content includes the following topics:
* Multiculturalism and national identity in Canada.
* Social integration of migrant workers in Canada.
* Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the future of jobs in Canada.
* Educational and technical qualifications and personal and personal skills are in high demand in the Canadian labor market (hard and soft skills).
* Cultural differences in international trade.
The course consists of 24 hours of live lessons, which are taught twice a week, two hours per class. In addition, it includes an additional 12 hours of self-employment.
Tables depend on the group assigned to you. Group One will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, Central Mexico time, and Group Two will meet at simultaneous intervals, but not Tuesday and Thursday.
Costs will vary depending on each party interested. Fees are cheaper for those who are part of the UNAM community.
* Prices for UNAM students, faculty and staff: 4,609 Mexican pesos (291.22 Canadian dollars).
* Public School Student or UNAM Alumni Price: 4,856 Mexican pesos (306.81 Canadian dollars).
* General Price: 5,020 Mexican pesos (317.20 Canadian dollars).
How to register?
Step 1: Pre-register
To be a part of the program, students must pre-register by registering, registering and sending an email to the Student Management Area or Ownership at [email protected]
In the message they should mention the following information:
* Full name.
* date of birth.
* Curriculum and schedule you want to enroll in.
* Your valid UNAM certificate or your current student certificate from a UNAM graduate or public institution in Mexico (this subsection is not required for the general public).
* Indicate if you have at least B1 or early intermediate level as per CEFR. There is no need to send proof of your status as everyone interested should take the money, schedule and oral exam online. The cost of this exam will be deducted from the cost of the course.
Step 2: Confirmation email
After completing the booking, the applicant will receive a confirmation email indicating that their application has been accepted. They will also explain how to complete the process of making an oral exam.
Step 3: Pay for the oral exam
The test fee will be paid through PayPal via the button on the course website: canada.unam.mx.
“This figure is in Canadian dollars and you have to pay a PayPal transfer commission,” the study said.
This amount will not be refunded, but if the student passes the exam and joins the course, it will be deducted from the total cost of the program.
Step 4: Send proof of payment
Those interested should send proof of payment for the exam to RIGES: “To receive your oral exam schedule online, send an email with your payment proof from Paypal to [email protected], the company explains.
Step 5: Take the oral test
With the access obtained, interested parties can schedule the date and time of their trial, which will be carried out online.
Step 6: Register for the course
RIGES will send applicants an email with the exam quality and ensure compliance with the plan. In addition, it will send you payment instructions.
When registering, interested parties should take into account the following deadlines:
* Fee for Oral Exam: September 3, 2021.
Tuition Fees: September 24, 2021.
To view the basics of the call, click Here.