July 15, 2024


Complete Canadian News World

How to Apply for a Temporary Agricultural Job in Canada

How to Apply for a Temporary Agricultural Job in Canada

(CNN Español) – The Temporary Agricultural Labor Plan (PTAT) allows Canadian employers to employ temporary foreign agricultural workers for a maximum of 8 months when Canadians and Canadian residents are unavailable.

Between tasks Listed by the Canadian Government, Operation of agricultural machinery, collection, management and evaluation of raw materials, sowing and harvesting of crops, trees and other plants, as well as maintenance and management of animals (other than fish) for obtaining animal products. For the market.

A person is eligible for PTAT as long as they are recruited by the government of the country of their birth, have experience in the field of agriculture, are at least 21 years of age and have completed the required profile for the employer and are citizens. Deserving country, says the Canadian government.

Countries participating in PTAT:

  • Mexico
  • அங்குவிலா
  • Aging and beard
  • Barbados
  • Dominica
  • Grenada
  • Jamaica
  • Montserrat
  • Saint Kitts-Nevis
  • Holy. Lucia
  • St. Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Trinidad and Tobago

How a Mexican Participates

Each country has its own process for recruiting and selecting staff. As for Mexico – it is the largest supplier of agricultural labor to PTAT, According to the Mexican government– The Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare in Mexico is responsible for recruiting and selecting workers.

According to the focus of Mexico’s National Employment Service (SNE), day laborers will be assisted in all their procedures to obtain their passports, work permits, contract with employer and airline tickets. SNE told CNN that the minimum age to apply for a job under PTAT is 21 years.

All documentation costs for PTAT will be covered by the National Employment Service.

READ  Indigenous peoples gain greater independence in Canada | Video

For their part, employers must provide workers with a minimum of 240 hours of work in 6 weeks or less. Workers stay in Canada for 4 to 8 months.

Those interested in joining PTAT can call the toll-free number 1877-496-2003 or visit the National Employment Service offices in their home state.

Covit-19 Restrictions

All travelers 5 years of age or older must submit proof of negative COVID-19 test to enter Canada due to a COVID-19 infection.

Evidence must be submitted even if fully vaccinated against Govt-19. However, temporary foreign workers who are fully vaccinated are exempt from isolation and testing on the eighth day.