(CNN Español) – By September 2021, more than this 92,000 people have been licensed Under the Temporary Foreign Employee (TET) Scheme, Step Canadian Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Department Statistics. But who can work in Canada and how to get a work permit?
According to the Canadian government, although there are exceptions to working as a foreigner in Canada, a work permit is generally required. For example, you are a religious leader, artist, public speaker or health student.
In addition, since Canada has two types, the process depends on the type of permit required:
- Open Work Permit: This permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada. Individuals who can apply for an open work permit: Eligible international students, Students who are unable to cover their tuition fees, relatives of a person who has applied for permanent residency, spouse or partner of a skilled worker or international student, refugees, Among others.
- Employer Specific Work Permit: This permit only allows you to work as established on your work permit, indicating the name of the employer you may work for, how long you can work, and where you work. For example, if you are an educator, you work in a television or film production, you are a professional athlete or an entrepreneur, You may be eligible for a specific work permit from your employer.
Government of Canada website There is a questionnaire It tells you the type of work permit you need, depending on the job you intend to do.
Eligibility requirements for work permit
Prior to applying for a work permit, a letter of employment, contract, and copy should be sent to the applicant Evaluation of the impact on the labor market (EIMT) and EIMT number.
According to the Government of CanadaIn most cases, employers require the required EIMT document to employ foreign employees. However, there are jobs that are exempt from the labor market impact assessment. For example: if they are covered by an international agreement – such as CUSMA (Agreement between Mexico, USA and Canada) or Cats (General Agreement relating to trade in services) -, by agreement between Canada and a province or territory covered or exempt for “Canadian interests” reasons.
However, even if a job is exempt from EIMT, the applicant must meet the eligibility requirements for the work permit. Therefore, no matter what type of job is requested, wherever requested, the person must:
- Show that you will be leaving Canada when your work permit expires
- Show that you have enough money to cover your and your family’s expenses while you are staying in Canada and return to your home country
- No history of criminal activity
- Should not endanger the security of Canada
- Have good health
- Did not work for an employer who was listed as “ineligible”
- Do not plan to work for an employer who regularly offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massage
- Provide the officer with any document requested to prove that they can enter the country
One to apply for one person Agricultural work in Canada, She must be eligible for a work permit and must have fulfilled certain qualifications.
If you are eligible for a work permit, you can pick it up Online application. Once submitted, you must provide your biometric data.
The Citizens of Venezuela They may need to complete additional steps when completing the application. For example, if the printed expiration date of the passport expires, you can add 5 years by adding an explanatory letter to the request: “I am a Venezuelan citizen with a Venezuelan passport, which has been extended for 5 years.”
How do I find a job vacancy?
The Government of Canada is A work board It lists Canadian employers who want to hire temporary foreign workers. Listed workers have already received or applied for EIMT.
All travelers 5 years of age or older must submit proof of negative COVID-19 test result to enter Canada due to a COVID-19 infection.
Evidence must be submitted even if fully vaccinated against Govt-19. However, temporary foreign workers who are fully vaccinated are exempt from isolation and testing on the eighth day.
Ande la Omicron variant of the corona virus, Government of Canada Foreign nationals are prohibited from entering Those who were in Botswana, Egypt, Swatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa and Zimbabwe 15 days before arriving in North America.
“Devoted music specialist. Student. Zombie trailblazer. Internetaholic. Food geek.”