(CNN Español) – The leaders of Mexico, the United States and Canada are set to meet at the summit this Thursday for the first time in 5 years. The three countries have close trade, social, cultural and collective ties, but how different are they?
We tell you the data to understand their relationship:
Relationship between Mexico and the United States.
- The United States and Mexico share more than 3,200 kilometers of border, and there are 55 entry ports on that border.
- The relationship between the United States and Mexico is complex and involves many social, migration, cultural, economic factors, and more.Mexico is the second largest trading partner of the United States.
- Trade between the two countries was US $ 536.7 billion in 2020
- There are 1.6 million U.S. citizens living in Mexico
- Mexico is the first overseas destination for American travelers.
Relationship between Mexico and Canada
- Trade and investment transactions between Canada and Mexico are on the rise. There are topics of interest between the two countries ranging from energy, agriculture, creativity and culture and innovation.
- By 2020, trade between the two countries was worth more than US $ 28.6 billion
- Mexico is Canada’s third largest trading partner
- Mexico was the second largest source of travelers to Canada in 2020
- In 2020, 28,000 agricultural workers came to Canada from Mexico
Relations between the United States and Canada
- The two countries share the largest international border: about 8,891 km along the 120 entry ports.
- The State Department says the U.S. relationship with Canada is a very close and comprehensive one D EE.UU.
- About $ 1.7 billion worth of goods are traded between the two countries every day
- The US-Canada relationship focuses on the economy, climate change, national and border security, global affairs and the opioid crisis.
How do you compare population, investment in education, security and other factors?
“Devoted music specialist. Student. Zombie trailblazer. Internetaholic. Food geek.”